A missing tooth not only ruins your smile but can also shatter your confidence. That is why patients that have a broken or missing tooth look immediately to have it repaired.
Dental implants are one of the more common solution to a missing tooth today. Our dental office sees several dental implant consultations a week alone. The clear reason for this is because the solution is as permanent as you can get. It also looks as natural as your original teeth so there is no telling it apart from the rest. The overall benefits of even a single implant can be life changing. We promise, we are not being dramatic! Read on to learn more about dental implant and be surety check out our gallery of case studies next time you are in.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are replacement teeth that have an artificial root, made out of titanium, that is inserted into the jaw. The root acts as a foundation for the replacement crown. The procedure differs drastically from that of dentures which don’t employ an artificial root. When compared to bridges, there is no need for support from neighboring teeth for the replacement. Which makes dental implants a smart solution.
The fact that implants look and can be used like your original teeth make it an ideal option for most individuals with missing teeth. You do, however, need to make sure that you go to a reliable dentist to have the procedure done. After all, you want the implants to look as natural as possible. An experienced dentist can help you achieve that, to restore your smile and give you your confidence back.
Some uses for dental implants are:
- Replacement of one or more missing teeth.
- Provide support for dentures. Implant supported dentures help to provide added support so the dentures fits securely.
- Dental implants can even be used to support bridges which no longer requires the need for a removable partial denture.
Dental Implant Treatments
Prior to any treatment, the mouth of the individual is thoroughly examined to devise the right plan for implants. Following are some treatments regarding dental implants:
- Single tooth implant: Dental implants are the ideal option for individuals with a single missing tooth. The implant acts as a root, this ensures that the jawbone stays intact. Which also ensures that the remaining teeth stay aligned and in place. Since there is no need for support from surrounding teeth, your smile will remain natural.
- Multiple tooth implants or snap in denture implants: While the procedure takes longer than dentures, you can get implants for multiple or all your teeth. But when it comes to replacing all your teeth, you have the implant-supported full denture option which ensures that your dentures have a proper foundation. We call these “snap-in dentures”. This reduces the chances of discomfort and the dentures falling out.
When replacing missing teeth most people want to find a solution that will last. Dental implants can last for over 20 years if they are maintained well. Dental offices like ours go through extensive training outside of dental school in order to be highly skilled in this procedure.
Our friends over at Greeley Dental Care have that extensive training as well.So we asked our friend Dr. Taher Dhoon to share with us exactly how reliable dental implants are for his patients. As specialists with extensive training and experience with dental implants in Greeley, Colorado Dr. Taher Dhoon gave us his honest take on the solution.
Dr. Dhoon said,
“I have found it to be a much more manageable solution for adults who may be in the gray area. They might have some teeth that are worth saving and others that need to be pulled but they are not quite a candidate for dentures. Patients love the fact that they have a realistic looking tooth replacement solution.”
So whether you are looking to replace a tooth or many, you should give dental implants some serious consideration. The best way to determine if they are a good solution is to schedule a consultation with your trusted Dentist in Parker Co. Hint, that’s us!