Preventive Dental Care in Parker
Preventive dental care is one of the most important services that any dentist can provide.
By regularly seeing patients, cleaning their teeth, and ensuring that they are caring for their teeth appropriately, dentists like Dr. Christopher Green of Green Dental Care can prevent common issues like cavities, gingivitis, and tooth infections.
What Is Preventive Dentistry?
While other forms of dentistry primarily focus on treating common dental issues, preventive dentistry is different. It focuses on maintaining the integrity and health of the natural teeth before problems have a chance to occur. This allows patients to save quite a bit of time and money, and ensures that their oral health is protected.
The Benefits Of Preventive Dentistry
Preventive dentistry has a number of different benefits:
- Saves money and time – A teeth cleaning and oral exam are usually quite inexpensive, and covered under most dental plans. However, if you avoid regular teeth cleanings, you could end up with a condition like a cavity, infected tooth, or gum disease. These issues are much more difficult (and costly) to treat, and require you to spend plenty of time at the dentist.
- Reduces your risk of secondary health issues – The health of your mouth is closely related to the health of the rest of your body. Conditions such as periodontitis and tooth decay are associated with a higher risk of issues like heart attack and stroke, respiratory disease, and even cancer.
- Healthier, more attractive smile – Without regular teeth cleanings and checkups, your mouth won’t look its best. Issues such as stained teeth and bad breath are quite common if you neglect your oral health. In turn, these problems can make you feel self-conscious about your smile. Professional cleanings go a long way in keeping your smile healthy and beautiful.
Common Preventive Dentistry Treatments
Preventive dentistry treatments can vary depending on the oral health of each patient. Some of the most common treatments include:
- Oral exams & teeth cleanings – A regular, six-month oral exam and teeth cleaning is the first line of defense against almost every oral health problem, from tooth decay and infections to periodontitis.
- Deep cleaning – Deep cleanings may be required if you are at risk of developing gum disease (periodontitis). Using specialized tools, Dr. Green will remove the plaque and tartar that cause gum disease.
- Fluoride treatments – Fluoride treatments can help reverse minor cases of tooth decay. Fluoride remineralizes the tooth enamel, preventing damage from the acids and bacteria that cause cavities.
- Dental sealants – Dental sealants are a thin layer of protective plastic that covers teeth that are at risk of developing cavities. They are often recommended for children and teenagers that do not yet show signs of decay.
Contact Green Dental Care For Preventive Dentistry In Franktown, Parker, or Elizabeth!
Dr. Christopher Green is an experienced preventive dentist. If you’re overdue for your regular 6-month teeth cleaning and oral exam, Green Dental Care is here to help. With flexible evening and weekend appointments available, you’ll be able to get the care you need on your own schedule.
To get started, contact us by phone at (720) 845-5252 to schedule your appointment now, or visit our office at 19551 Hess Road, Suite 100 Parker, Colorado 80134. We look forward to seeing you soon!