Are your teeth yellow?
Do you want to whiten your teeth?
Do you want a whiter and brighter smile?
Green Dental Care takes the time to listen and help patients achieve their cosmetic dental goals. We have great options to help you achieve the whiter and brighter smile that your desire.
Call us today to learn more about how you can achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
Teeth Whitening Instructions
- Follow instructions included in your kit.
- Total treatment time is usually 10-14 days. Some cases may take longer, especially if treatment is interrupted.
- Make sure you brush and floss thoroughly prior to each treatment. The bleaching gel can work better if it is in contact with the tooth rather than plaque buildup.
- Mild sensitivity to cold liquids or air may occur. This usually passes a few days after treatment is completed. If the sensitivity is severe or persists, discontinue using the gel and contact our office.
- If you experience any gum irritation, let us know. Your custom tray may need to be adjusted.
- Whitening works best on yellow stained teeth. Gray teeth are more difficult to whiten, or may not respond to treatment. Such cases may require porcelain veneers to achieve the desired result.
- Results can be quite dramatic. However upon completion of the whitening process, the color will “tone down” somewhat. This is normal and actually looks more natural.
- Long term results vary from patient to patient. This can depend on many factors including habits such as smoking or coffee, tea, wine, or cola consumption.
- “Touch-up” treatments may be needed every 3 – 6 months. This can usually be accomplished in 1 or 2 treatments of 1 – 2 hours each. A special touch-up kit is available at our office.
- Existing fillings, crowns, bonding, etc. will not whiten. Therefore, these restorations may need to be changed in order to match your new smile.
- It is important to keep you 2-week follow-up appointment so we can assess the results or make changes in treatment as needed.
- If you have unsightly old silver fillings as us about changing them to invisible white fillings. Old crowns with dark gumlines can be changed to more natural looking metal-free porcelain crowns.
- If your friends wonder why you are smiling so much, tell them about us. It would be our pleasure to help them improve their smiles, too