At Green Dental Care, we know that dental emergencies can be stressful and painful. When unexpected issues arise, our team is here to help with compassionate care. We are dedicated to providing quality dental services for patients in Parker, and that’s why we offer same-day appointments if you are in pain or suffering from an injury. Whether you have insurance or not, the team at Green Dental Care can help! Call us now at (720) 845-5252, or visit our office for efficient care.
What Is a Dental Emergency?
If your mouth, gums, or teeth are in pain and you cannot treat it on your own, this is a dental emergency. This can include a tooth that has been knocked out in an accident, a severe toothache, excessive bleeding, or past dental work that has become loose or fallen out. If you are in pain, give us a call today and our compassionate team will restore your smile and get you back to optimal dental health!
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
During a dental emergency, the most important thing to do is remain calm and see a dentist right away. At Green Dental Care, Dr. Green combines compassion and skill to deliver quality dental care when you’re experiencing an emergency. Here’s a few things to keep in mind while you wait for your same-day appointment:
- If your tooth has been knocked out, keep it in your mouth between you cheek and gums to keep it moist
- Relieve pain until your appointment by using a cold compress
- Avoid taking aspirin or ibuprofen for a dental emergency because they can cause excessive bleeding
- Don’t wait to get help – Again, immediate emergency dental care is the best way to relieve your pain and discomfort. Don’t try to treat your issue on your own, and don’t wait to get help. Contact Dr. Green at Green Dental Care right away for an emergency appointment.
- Don’t go to the emergency room – Use your best judgment here. If you have experienced a serious blow to the head, you are experiencing severe pain and uncontrollable bleeding, or you suspect your jaw has been broken or damaged, you should go to the ER. Do not put your life or health at risk. However, non-life-threatening dental emergencies will most likely be referred to a dental office, so you can often avoid a step by simply seeing a dentist first.
- Don’t use aspirin for pain relief – Aspirin is a blood thinner, and can prevent proper clotting. You shouldn’t take aspirin for pain relief if you’re bleeding. Consider naproxen (Advil) or acetaminophen (Tylenol) as an alternative.
- Don’t assume your issue is not an emergency – Oral injuries like loose or missing teeth are not the only kind of emergency. Conditions like a severe toothache, gum disease, and pulled-out or damaged dental work like fillings and crowns also count as dental emergencies.
If you’re in pain, you shouldn’t have to wait to see a dentist. Call Green Dental Care at (720) 845-5252 for a same-day appointment. We do our best to schedule your visit right away, and our skilled, friendly team will take care of all of your needs when you arrive at our office. We are conveniently located at 19551 Hess Road, Suite 100, Parker, Colorado 80134.